The Best Homemade Basic Slime Recipe
At Terra we love a sensory play activity! Who doesn’t like rolling up their sleeves for a bit of ooey gooey fun? Slime is all the rage these days and it is easy to see why. Not only is it exciting to play with – it is equally exciting to make and customize. Choose your color, add some glitter and let your small animals join in the fun with this easy DIY for kids. Get ready to be slimed!
This activity is superb for sensory and tactile learning. And a major bonus is it can also be a calming activity for kids of all ages.
5 oz white glue
½ cup water
Food coloring (optional)
½ tsp baking soda
1 tbsp saline solution
- In a small bowl, pour out 5 oz of white glue.
- Add ½ cup of water and stir until the glue and water are fully mixed together.
- If you would like to color your slime, add a few drops of food coloring.
- Add ½ tsp baking soda and stir. This will help determine your slime’s thickness.
- Add 1 tbsp of saline solution. Stir quickly. The slime will begin to form and pull away from the sides of the bowl. The saline solution will determine your slime’s stickiness.
- Once the slime has pulled away from the sides of the bowl, knead it for a few minutes. (If it is a bit sticky – don’t worry!)
- PRO TIP: Store in an airtight container!
Now that you have some slime, let the imaginative storytelling begin! From volcano lava to ocean waves, incorporate this exciting texture into your playtime with Terra! Share and tag us @terrabybattat for the chance to be featured on our Instagram story!