DIY Christmas Ornaments for Kids
You will need:
- Set Up Your Work Station: Set down a craft paper or newspaper that will collect any run off paint or glue and keep your table clean. Have your tools all ready to go.
- Tie Your String: Using a thin string cut into 4-5 inch pieces. Wrap your string around your animal to secure and tie a small bow or knot at the top to create a loop for hanging.
- Paint Your Animal: Create a wet base for the glitter to stick to using a similar color paint as the base coat. Make sure to brush all areas thoroughly so glitter will coat the whole animal.
- Sprinkle Glitter: While the paint is still wet and tacky – coat the entire animal with glitter, making sure to rotate from all sides.
- Let Dry: Let your animal ornaments dry fully for 24 hours before touching to let the glitter adhere. Pro tip: Use a touch of hair stray to secure the exterior of the glitter.